2014 Student Colloquium
Research papers are now being solicited for the 2014 Student Colloquium, a university-wide undergraduate
student paper competition sponsored by the Beam Library. A faculty committee representing a variety of disciplines
will judge the papers. The selected papers will be presented by the students at a luncheon in the University Center
on Monday, April 14, 2014. Faculty, administrators, honor students, and guests of the presenters will be invited to attend. All
submitted papers will be bound and placed in the Beam Library. A student may submit only one paper each year and
joint authorship is permitted.
Papers must include:
- An abstract
- At least ten double-spaced pages of text (excluding, title page, abstract, bibliography, appendix, etc.)
- Significant use of resources provided through the Oklahoma Christian University Beam Library
- The correct style of documentation appropriate to the discipline (e.g., MLA, APA)
- A faculty signature on the title page
- First $500.00
- Second $300.00
- Third $150.00
- You are required to send an email to Tamie Willis by Friday February 21, 2014 stating your intent to submit and the topic of the paper.
You must also receive a reply from Ms. Willis acknowledging she received your notification.
Papers submitted without this
prior notification will not be accepted.
- One printed copy of the paper and abstract must be submitted with all author identification.
- An OC faculty signature is required on the title page of the printed copy.
- Use a clip on the printed copy. Please do not use staples.
- One electronic copy of the paper including the abstract must be submitted as an
email attachment without any reference to the author (e.g., title page and running head).
- One electronic copy of the abstract as a separate document
including the title and author's name must be submitted as an email
FINAL SUBMISSION: All
three documents (printed copy, electronic copy, electronic copy of abstract) must be
submitted no later than Monday, March 24, 2014 by 5:00 p.m. to Tamie Willis
the OC Beam Library.
- Please note: there will be no exceptions to the notification or submission deadlines.
Papers will be evaluated on the following criteria:
Please send comments or suggestions to email@example.com
- Significance to the field
- Understanding of the topic
- Adequate and current research
- Soundness of methodology
- Clarity and appropriateness of data analysis or clarity of theoretical construct
- Clarity and appropriateness of discussion and implications
- Organization and writing style
- Degree to which paper meets its objectives
- Degree to which paper meets colloquium criteria: length, abstract, faculty signature, etc.